- 1 Headphones with Built-in AM/FM Radio
- 2 Features to look for
- 3 Best Hearing Protection With Radio Reviews
- 4 Conclusion
These days, the best radio headphones are the AM/FM headphones and are absolutely cool to use and have fun with.
There are still many people out there who love listening to local radio stations, so for them this piece of gadgetry is absolutely awesome.
Besides, these best hearing protection with radio aren’t only for entertainment: there are tons of customers who look for the best radio headphones because of their ear protection benefits and inbuilt features of helping you to enjoy listening to music wirelessly.
Headphones with Built-in AM/FM Radio
People generally opt for an AM/FM radio function in their headphones because of the convenience of changing their music files in the player from time to time. This gives them the facility of listening to a wide range of songs. Secondly, headphones with inbuilt AM/FM radio will give you the pleasure of enjoying music shows and radio programs wirelessly as this technology doesn’t need an independent music player. This gives users the convenience of moving around with headphones on, while working out, jogging, or working.
Features to look for
You’re probably wondering why we need hearing protection with radio rather than Wi-Fi? Well, the best radio headphones aren’t just technology–they are also durable and stylish. They have certain features which set them apart and which you should look for when buying one. These features are:
- Comfort: Wearing comfortable radio headphones are critical as you will be wearing them for many hours at work. If they are heavy on the ears or their headbands are stiff and don’t fit perfectly, you will be uncomfortable. So, check if the headband can be adjusted and if the ear pads are stuffed with durable cushioning. Also, check if the headphones are ergonomically designed for prolonged and comfortable wear.
- Connectivity with other devices: The compatibility of your device with other devices is also important. Some radio headphones have inbuilt Bluetooth connectivity so that you listen to music wirelessly on your tablet or Smartphone.
- Sound quality: These devices offer good sound quality which helps when you listen to music. They also come with bass adjustments so that you listen to well-defined beats and crisp and clear sound.
- Volume management: This is an essential feature if you’re looking for hearing protector radio headphones. You can also come across the auto adjustment feature that will keep the volume at a safe level.
- Battery life: For different radio headphones, there are a variety of batteries, though the commonly used ones are 2 AA batteries and rechargeable lithium-polymer or lithium-ion batteries. The advantage of having AA batteries is that it can last for about 30 hours or more–even 100 hours of continuous use. Rechargeable lithium batteries, on the other h and, can be used for 10 hours continuously.
Best Hearing Protection With Radio Reviews
Here are five radio headphones, each with its distinctive features:
This radio headphone offers safe volume control technology that gives increased volume while maintaining safe levels for an eight-hour work day. With the help of audio assist technology, users can avail of setup and operational guidance while still wearing the headset. It also comes with AM/FM digital radio with improved radio performance for better sound clarity, which it can save up to a maximum of 50 stations. It needs two 1.5 AA batteries, which need to be bought separately.
- The instructions that accompany the device are short and easy to carry out.
- It has bass boost from – 1 to 2.
- Reception is awesome.
- It nearly shuts off outside noises.
- It is lightweight.
- Right side or left are not mentioned on the unit.
The 3M WorkTunes Hearing Protector is an all-in-one AM/FM radio and hearing protector gadget. It has a digital tuner, is lightweight and comfortable for protracted wearing, and has an innovative decibel limiter. It is compatible with MP3 and scanner but is not compatible with Bluetooth.
It has an impressive Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24 dB. Its Voice Assist feature enables better programming and controls the headset better. It has a soft ear cup padding for more comfort, while the soft to touch material on the ear cups enable better grip. Its ear cushions are redesigned for better hearing. With its new battery cover, its hinge design has improved, making it more durable. Its knobs and buttons now have a contemporary design.
This headphone also has two Bass Boost options that control the bass amount for customized radio listening. The auto scan feature is easy to use and helps locate radio stations at the touch of a button.
- Excellent sound quality for hearing protector headphones
- The AM/FM radio works quite well.
- It comes with a four pole cable.
- It is one of the few hearing protector models with speakers. These are the best quality speakers and easy to replace.
- Bluetooth tries to connect to the device and will stay connected, if it finds the device. This happens even if Bluetooth is not selected, causing battery drain.
- Again, when Bluetooth is connected, and there’s a lot of sound interference such as other Bluetooth devices, ABGN wifi, etc, the user hears a popping or clicking sound in the background. Though not loud, it’s annoying, particularly because Bluetooth cannot be disabled from the headset, but must be done manually.
The Honeywell Sync Hi-Visibility Digital AM/FM Radio Earmuff takes care of the safety aspect of wearing earmuffs very well. Its bright green ear cups keep the wearer visible at night and in poor weather, as also the reflective headband. It allows you to enjoy clear and crisp radio reception.
It has inbuilt ear protection along with AM/FM radios that make workers more motivated at work and more productive too. The Howard Leight model also has an LCD display by which it is easy to search for radio stations automatically, apart from 10 pre-set stations and volume memory to enjoy listening to music.
This Howard Leight device is perfect for factory workers, particularly since the lightweight earmuffs work on Air Flow Control technology which gives the maximum attenuation for all frequencies. Its slim ear cups give very good safety and comfort, along with its padded design. Its Noise Reduction Rating is 25.
- Its gives excellent reception.
- Its tone is clear, crisp and has sufficient bass.
- By suppressing surrounding noise, they protect the ears from high-volume sounds.
- It is rugged and durable.
- It has a good user interface.
- The sales page of this product is not accompanied by a user’s guide.
It can be used with an MP3 IPOD cell phone using a 3.5 cable port. This device has comfortable foam cushions for protracted use, and an adjustable stainless steel headband. It can save a maximum of eight preset radio stations.
- While mowing the lawn, these earmuffs can be worn for ear protection.
- Its radio reception is amazing for local stations.
- Initially, they seem tight around the ears, but they loosen with time.
- They are made of cheap material and hence are not durable.
- A user complained that after initial use, one side of the earmuffs broke and had to be glued back.
- The dials are placed inconveniently.
The Protear hearing protection device has a radio, MP3 and Bluetooth inbuilt. This makes the user capable of using it in several more ways than just a pair of earmuffs to block out noise. Users can do hands-free calling, besides listening to music, scan radio stations’ frequencies automatically and preset up to eight channels.
Shooters and those at gun ranges, racers, and those who operate machinery can use these earmuffs to reduce the noise volumes around them considerably. This pair of earmuffs are comfortable, durable and come with an adjustable headband. Their padded headbands and ear cups designed to be well-sealed offer more comfort when worn over long periods.
- This is an easy to use product.
- It blocks out a lot of sound while working.
- These earmuffs are of good quality.
We’ve scoured the market for you, to bring you the very best in hearing protection with radio. The five best in its category ear protection devices are before you. Choose the ones that suit you best.