- 1 Why buy bass headphones
- 2 What to look for in bass headphones
- 3 Reviews of best bass headphones under $100
- 3.1 Skullcandy Crusher Headphones
- 3.2 Sony MDRXB450AP Extra Bass Smartphone Headset (Black)
- 3.3 Sennheiser HD 202 II Professional Headphones
- 3.4 Sony MDR-XB950BT/B
- 3.5 Sony XB950B1 Extra Bass Wireless Headphones
- 3.6 Bluedio Turbine T2s
- 3.7 Panasonic Quick-Fit Over-the-Ear DJ Stereo Monitor Headphones
- 3.8 bebe Boom Wireless Designer Headphones for Women
- 4 Conclusion
One of sound’s most divisive aspects, bass is something that gives music that bit of extra kick, which is why music lovers always want just a little more of it. Purely for one’s own enjoyment, bass headphones now give more power to music lovers who want uninterrupted music, for as many hours as possible.
Why buy bass headphones
If you want to listen to music on your home music system, you can turn on your subwoofers, but what do you do when you’re away from home? At such times, you need a bass headphone. This will give you the opportunity of listening to music at its highest and fullest potential.
Usually, headphone freaks like to have increased bass response. For them, there are bass headphones designed to be flat so that the bass can be accurately measured. If the bass is excessive, it can take the listener away from the pleasure of listening to music.
What to look for in bass headphones
If you know what you’re looking for, it’s easy to find just the headphones you need. If you plan to use your headphones in a noisy environment, you will need bass-heavy headphones. Here are some other requisites you should look out for when buying bass headphones:
- Sound quality: Your headphones must produce both a good sound quality and great bass sensation. Such headphones are usually comfortable but do not give out low sound because of their pronounced bass features.
- Lightweight: A lightweight pair of headphones means greater comfort for you. However, other features like sound and affordability should also be taken care of.
- Driver size: The driver size is directly proportional to the sound quality of bass headphones. You should expect good bass headphones to have a minimum of 50mm drivers or more.
- Comfort: If you opt for over the ear headphones, it doesn’t mean they will be heavy on the ears and uncomfortable. On the contrary, they will be especially comfortable. On long trips or for sports events, wear a pair that fits snugly and you’ll be fine.
- Durability: Your bass headphones need to be long lasting and strong. so, buy a good pair, even if it’s expensive.
- Portability: Lastly, buy headphones that you can carry around easily. This means they should be able to lie flat and folded too.
Reviews of best bass headphones under $100
These headphones come with an inbuilt amplifier and sufficient padding for the maximum comfort. These headphones benefit vastly from the inbuilt amplifier. For a maximum of 40 hours, these headphones can work well using just one AA battery. The auto-off feature of these headphones have helps to continue using them even if the battery dies on you.
By using its Sensation55 Driver, you can transform your headphones’ audio into bass that you can actually feel. You can experience very smooth frequency response with little or no distortion, thanks to the SkullCandy’s world class audio engineering standards, known as REX40 Driver.
Its ergonomic design includes articulation of both ear cups and a perfect choice of materials that offer durability, comfort and excellent sound quality. It has three-panel soft touch ear pillows that are wrapped in premium quality synthetic leather. They sit flat, enabling the perfect noise-isolating seal around both ears.
- Excellent bass with rich sound
- Sleek design
- Noise cancellation gets rid of surrounding noise
- It is comfortable
- When the bass is increased, it can sound muddy.
- Low sub bass doesn’t register here at all.
- Some highs do not balance well.
The Sony MDRXB450AP has specially designed ear cups that work along with the drivers to give rich and powerful sound, with extra bass response. It has 30 mm driver units that work to deliver balanced sound with very low end frequency response ranging between 5 Hz and 22,000 Hz.
Users can use these headphones very easily as their in-line remote works on basic principles of call answer or end, and audio track play or pause. Users can download its SmartKey App on Google Play and the App Store to allow for customization of the control of its in-line remote, using their Smart Phone.
These headphones also come cushioned so that there’s no pressure on the ears and a perfect acoustic seal is created for a strong and robust bass response. Once the session is complete, the aluminium ear cups swivel and lie flat and folded for better portability. A Y-shaped rugged cord keeps the cord tangle-free and the in-line microphone allows for hands-free calling on the phone.
- These headphones are lightweight, durable and comfortable.
- They emit great sound.
- They aren’t big and ugly on the ears.
- They are affordably priced.
- They are great for regular listeners.
- It’s comfortable for use for short periods.
- The ear cushion remains in good condition even six months after purchase.
- It cannot be used in the long-term.
- The cushion gets sticky with perspiration after using it for about three hours.
- Lack of cushioning on the top makes users’ hair get tangled in the headphones while adjusting.
The Sennheiser HD 202 is a closed and dynamic set of hi-fi stereo headphones, ideal for DJs and modern music and is one of the best bass headphones under $100. It provides just the right insulation against surrounding noise and a sharp, crisp and clear bass response. Rugged and lightweight, these headphones fit securely and can be relied upon for use as a home hi-fi system and a mobile source. On the go, it can be used conveniently with a cord that adjusts the cable of the headphone to the length required.
These headphones come with high quality drivers that are responsible for the best performance. The ear cups are detachable from the headband. For low bass, they also have lightweight turbine diaphragms. It has a frequency response of 18Hz-18KHz. Due to its overly lightweight design, these headphones can be worn for long periods or for extended listening. It comes with a two-year warranty.
- These headphones are very comfortable and give superior sound quality.
- They can be worn for several hours without any discomfort.
- They are lightweight and the cushions, though inexpensive, are very soft and do not hurt the ears.
- They isolate well and leak very minimally.
- The bass has a clean sound ad is enjoyable.
- These headphones are made using cheap material, so the output isn’t of good and lasting quality.
- A user complained that the right side of his headphones broke within a day and the left broke a few days after.
- If the headphones aren’t on the user’s head, the sound isn’t at its best.
These headphones offer the freedom of wireless headphones, sleek comfort and a bass response that gives the user an unforgettable listening experience. Listeners can connect to this via Bluetooth with Near Field Communications (NFC) technology and keep them on for a total of 20 hours. With 40mm drivers, these headphones can give the required electronic bass boost to add punch to music–all at the push of a button.
For the ultimate in wireless listening streaming, these headphones have inbuilt in them aptX & AAC codec support for the best signal quality. Users can also listen to their favorite playlist either in traditional mode or passive mode, without any dependence on battery.
The ear cushions wrap themselves around the ears and give a luxurious feel while also providing comfort and an unparalleled acoustic seal. Once the music session is over, the ear cups swivel and fold flat for maximum portability.
The frequency response of these headphones ranges between Enjoy 20Hz and 20,000 Hz for wireless audio streaming. For broader frequency response, it ranges between three Hz and 28,000 Hz. Users can also take calls hands-free on the integrated mic and Bluetooth connectivity.
- The bass is outstanding, the signal doesn’t break and the sound is rich, crisp and clear.
- It gives three weeks of continuous use between charges, about an hour a day.
- A user complained that his headphones did not work after purchase nor would the company let him return the product in exchange.
With the Sony XB950B1 headphones, users can enjoy low-end frequencies for rich and vibrant sound on each track. A click of a button gets users going. Via Bluetooth, users can connect their devices with NFC and enjoy high quality wireless streaming with integrated codec support enhanced by LDAC.
Sound settings for each song can be optimized with Sony Headphones Connect by using presets for outdoor, stadium, club or hall style sound. For broad frequency response of 2 Hz to 20,000 Hz, 40 mm driver units are used. Used with audio cable supplied, it can extend to a range of 3 Hz and 28,000Hz.
Hands-free calling is possible with these headphones due to the inbuilt microphone along with Bluetooth connectivity. By pressing the phone icon on the earpiece, users can take calls. After the call is terminated, music will continue as before. Its battery life is an impressive 18 hours. When the battery is low, cable can be used.
- These headphones work very well, its Extra Bass setting is also good for some types of music.
- Using its controls is very easy.
- When the sound turns muddy, it can be turned off without removing the headphones.
- It gives a rich sound quality.
- It has comfortable ear cups.
- The sound volume wavers when the headphones are used to establish a Bluetooth connection with the computer or phone.
- It does not have noise cancellation.
- It does not have a foldable design nor does it come with a travel case.
The Bluedio Turbine set of headphones provides rich and strong bass, with crisp and clear highs. The ear cups can be rotated to 195 degrees, are portable and space-saving. They use the latest Bluetooth 4.1 chip which sends data at high speed and gives good music experience. Its low power makes 40 hours of continuous music listening a beautiful reality.
These headphones are padded with sufficient foam and covered with leather, making it comfortable to wear. It is ergonomically designed to make the headband adjustable to fit all sizes of heads. When the battery is low, these headphones can be used along with a cable to provide uninterrupted listening pleasure. They are foldable, comfortable, metallic in appearance and strong.
- For the price, this quality of Bluetooth 4.1 headphones is amazing.
- Its inbuilt microphone helps to receive and respond to all phone calls.
- They have a unique stylish look.
- These headphones are very comfortable even for long periods.
- The pictures show this item to be glossy but it isn’t in reality.
- The aux cable is cheap and of poor quality and does not come with a remote.
- In low lit environments, the indicator lights are very bright.
The rich sound of music combined with comfort comes from the unequalled Panasonic RP-HTF600 monitor headphones. Here, 50 mm drivers and neodymium magnets emit crisp bass, with precise mids and highs. Ultra soft, padded ear cups give the user the ultimate in comfort and noise isolation with a comfortable fit. A two-step easy mechanism makes adjusting head sizes really easy. The cord is long, at 9.8 feet and comes with a plug adapter.
- It gives a clear sound and has a smooth, dynamic open sound.
- Its construction quality is very good.
- It is warm and has an accurate bass.
- These headphones are very comfortable, with the ear cups not touching the user’s ears at all.
- The sound leaks and the headphones are lacking in clarity.
- The mid-range is not very pronounced.
- It lacks the isolation feature, so cannot be used in public.
These wireless headphones are meant for women, yet they aren’t just pretty objects but are a powerhouse of booming and rich sound. Its CVC echo cancellation gives a wonderful music listening experience. Users get a play time of 18 hours with a 15-hour standby period, so you can spend more time listening to music and less time charging up the unit.
These headphones are lightweight and are made from vegan leather. They have 40 mm drivers and 33ft range of Bluetooth 4.1, making them good enough for men to use too. They are wonderful everyday headphones and very comfortable. The earmuffs shape the contours of the ears and mutes all surrounding sound.
- These headphones are lightweight, wireless and give a good sound.
- They have little or no noise cancelling and a cool touch.
If you’re high on music, head for the best bass headphones under $100 that suits your need and enjoy the music.
Here’s a video to test your headphone bass: