Studying in a room full of other people can be a real challenge. Add to that, the unavoidable noises that abound your room – beeps from gadgets, screeching cars, fans and air-conditioning units, television, radio, various home appliances, and many more. Good thing there are some of the best earplugs for studying to help you deal with these nuisance.
For someone who has been dreaming of tranquility, wearing a pair of earplugs for the first time can give a sense of nirvana! You can finally have a quiet affair with your schoolwork that would enable you to concentrate and focus on whatever you need to do.
There are many kinds and types of noise cancelling earplugs for studying. Over the years, earplugs have undergone a revolution. Aside from the disposable wax-cotton plugs, there are now reusable ear plugs made of different materials such as PVC, silicone, and polyurethane stopples. Earplug models and designs have also been specifically designed for different noise levels such as motorcycling, loud concerts, hunting, and studying. You can even find specialized ear plugs that block external noise by playing white noise.
Given the numerous plugs in the market, finding the best one to suit your needs has become a tough task. What should look for in an earplug? Here are some things to consider.
- When using earplugs for studying, you’ll likely be wearing them for hours so you want to make sure that it is comfortable and easy-to-use. Things to look for are its materials and design.
- Check the ear plugs’ Noise Reduction Rating or NRR, which practically indicates how much sound it can block. This rating can guide you in choosing an earplug that will meet the noise in your room. Take note that the efficacy of a plug can be affected by how loud the noise is in the environment.
- Whether you are getting reusable or disposable earplugs, you have to check that your prospect gadget is made of the most durable materials. It should also withstand wear and tear, as well as thorough cleaning. Some of the most common complaints with earplugs are that the shape gets deformed over time. You have to be aware of this too.
- Earplugs cost anywhere between a dollar to several hundreds. When picking an earplug, you need to consider the value relative to its technology and material. If you are lucky enough, you can even get some great earplugs at discounted rates.
So, what are some of the best earplugs for studying that you can find in the market? Here are just a few of them.
1. Decibullz – Custom Molded Earplugs, 31dB Highest NRR, Comfortable Hearing Protection for Shooting, Travel, Sleeping, Swimming, Work and Concerts
With an NR Rating of 31dB, these earplugs will surely work great for your study sessions. It made of thermoplastic earplug molds that can be shaped to perfectly suit your ears. The process is very easy, you just place it in hot water, cool off and then mold them into your ear to get its shape. If it doesn’t fit well on the first try, you can re-do it without problem. With that, you are sure it’s comfortable and blocks the external noise. Aside from studying, this one can be used for concert going, swimming, travelling and music-making. As to the price, you can surely get the best value for your money.
Moldex 6800 Pura-Fit Soft-Foam Earplugs are among the well-reviewed models in the market. It has an NRR 33dB as tested by ANSI S3.19-1974, which means it can provide optimum protection against industrial noise. It is made of 100% PVC-free foam material that is specially formulated for comfort and softness. The smooth surface ensures that it doesn’t irritate your outer ear canal. Plus, it is tapered for easier use and fit into your ears making it one of the best reusable earplugs for studying.
Turn any place into an environment conducive for studying, with the Liberty DuraPlug Uncorded Disposable Foam Earplug. This one guarantees a Noise Reduction Rating of 32 dB, which makes it perfect not just for studying but also for blocking loud sounds such as in industrial areas. The orange-colored earplugs come with slow-recovery and very soft foam is tapered for ease of use and removal. Liberty DuraPlug is specially made of low-pressure, self-adjusting foam for comfortable wear and quick recovery time.
If you can’t study with noise around, then Flent Quiet Please Foam Ear Plugs is heaven-sent. It has rated with NRR 29. Each plug can be reused up to 8 times. Its shortened, non-tapered design ensures maximum comfort. It is made of latex-free material to avoid any chances of allergy. Probably its best feature yet is its affordable price! All said, the quantity, price and durability of these earplugs from Apothecary make it a good pick.
This one’s not only great for studying but also for concerts or jamming sessions. They have much higher sound cancelling capability compared to other brands and models. LiveMus!c retains conversation and music through its attenuation filters that come in two types: green filter with NRR of 23 dB and white filter with 29 dB. Made of high quality materials, this earplug brand offers lifetime guarantee. Furthermore, the sleek aluminum storage case comes as an additional perk!
There are still a lot of other brands of the best earplugs for studying. You can compare and contrast them based on the features we’ve listed above. But regardless of which brand you pick, wearing an earplug will surely help you study and concentrate.
Here’s to wishing you a serene and calm study time.