Why do we really need best electronic ear plugs? Well, conventional ear plugs made of silicone, foam or was are considered passive as they block out all noise. Though they are good hearing protection devices and inexpensive too, they aren’t good enough for people who want to have a high situational awareness level. For instance, a hunter needs to hear everything in his surroundings as minutely as possible to be prepared to catch game, while also protecting his bullets from going off.
With sophisticated technology, ear plugs have now evolved to become active or electronic. These devices control the noise level or amplify them where needed by adding an electronic circuit to the standard passive ear plugs that comprise a microphone, speakers and two transducers. With this, the plugs are able to send sounds in decibel ranges below 85dB.
Here’s a quick comparison of best electronic ear plugs:
|NRR - 25dB||12dB||23dB||30dB||Comes with CVC6.0 noise cancellation technology|
|Batteries - Available||--||Rechargeable lithium ion batteries||Available||Rechargeable battery|
|Rating - 4/5||4/5||4/5||3.9/5||4.1/5|
Factors to consider before buying electronic ear plugs
People these days prefer to invest in the best electronic earplugs though they are more expensive than their standard counterparts, chiefly because of they have smart features. The price exceeds $200, so consider the following factors before buying:
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): Like the standard ear plugs, the electronic ones too are fitted with Noise Reduction Rating (NRR). The minimum NRR for ear plugs is 20dB, while the maximum is 33dB. The maximum and minimum levels can vary from high to low with electronic ear plugs, though with standard earplugs they would be fixed.
- Comfort and Fit: Usually, earplugs are worn for protracted periods, hence their fit and comfort are of prime importance. There are several ear tip sizes that come with electronic plugs, usually in silicone or foam which are very flexible.
- Purpose of Use: Being expensive, electronic earplugs are good for people who hear loud noises at work or sports every day. For a casual shooter, this pair of earplugs would be very expensive, but if you’re a sports shooter, this might be a good investment for you.
Top 5 Best Electronic Ear Plugs Reviews:
Take a look at the electronic earplugs listed below, if you’re looking to buy a pair for yourself soon:
GunSportpro Electronic Earplugs are thoughtfully designed for gun sport freaks who shoot competitively or casually. By using these devices, their desire for enhanced awareness, blast protection and clear communication are answered. Here, no background noise pervades the sounds they track. So, users are protected from loud, shrieky and continuous noise from machinery and vehicles. These earplugs are endowed with high-tech sound protection. They offer NRR of 25dB, highly sensitive microphones and hi-definition drivers.
Gunsportpro earplugs have an audio range of 40 Hz to 16 kHz for high-fidelity audio. They work in dual mode, natural level hearing of surrounding sounds and amplified hearing. Users get blast protection in both modes, but with amplification, users can adapt to their surroundings with a mere flick of a switch.
Adaptive sound attenuation is its other special feature. So, when the sounds of the user’s environment become louder, so do those of sound attenuation.
- Light and compact, these earplugs work very well while shooting using a high-powered rifle.
- Foam ear tips make for a good fit for the ears.
- The batteries last only for a day.
- The earplugs do not have an ON/OFF switch. To switch it off, you need to open the battery holder.
- The small hearing aid battery is so small that you could lose it if you drop it.
Faders VIP Tuned Earplugs are used at events, clubs, racing and music practice. Made from metal to give the best sound, these earplugs reduce noise levels by 12dB, thereby ensuring speech and music pass through with extreme clarity. It is available in four sizes, so that the largest number of people can wear them for long periods and enjoy the comfort they offer and enjoy communication and music through them.
A detachable lanyard helps practice safe sound, both with and without attached strings to string around your neck. Hearing loss is forever, so practice safe sound. It comes in a pendant case that helps you store it easily and access it equally easily.
- It is highly durable.
- The quality is excellent.
- It offers sound hearing protection.
- The earplugs are flexible enough to fit all ear sizes.
- You need to push and pull out of your ear canal to see which is the best position to hear sound. They can block a lot of sound and it can be an issue if you are a musician.
These easy-to-use devices are so designed that anyone can use them easily–whether for shooting or when under-water. Don’t be disappointed by its NR rating of 23dB, because they are good for shooters, swimmers, military men and law enforcement officials. Their ear tips are interchangeable, which make the entire unit highly flexible, while the rechargeable batteries renders the best service to this unit.
These earplugs are designed to not just protect your hearing ability but they also improve your hearing environmental awareness. In environments where noise is excessively loud, these earplugs offer the maximum hearing protection.
Its state of the art technology helps switch to amplify low sounds and block out loud noises, hence offering better communication. So, users do not need to manually change gears or switch modes. It is also lightweight, compact and comfortable and compatible with wearing face shields, hardhats, welding hoods, eyewear and helmets.
- They appeal to all ages and preferences due to ear tips in various sizes.
- Its ear tips are comfortable and rubbery, which enable easy cleaning.
- Its ear tips are very durable.
- These earplugs are very efficient as they allow you to hear sounds even when the earplugs are off.
- They are ideal for groups of people.
- It comes with a rubber ring gasket that’s both dust- and water-resistant.
- More expensive than other tactical earplugs
- It needs to offer better wind protection.
- It isn’t as effective in hunting scenarios.
Shotgun sports competitors or bird hunters will value this set of earplugs the most as they are known to have the highest NRR of 30dB. These earplugs are known as “in-ear experts,” because they are hearing protection devices that have a wide spectrum of applications.
It has an NRR of 30dB, works on wind noise reduction technology, and is water-resistant, making it ideal for hunters and shooters. It also offers ambient awareness and situational awareness. The former refers to loud noise being suppressed when a gunshot is fired, which protects your hearing. Situational awareness, on the other hand, refers to the user being able to hear sounds in his surroundings while being protected from gunshot sounds.
Its ambient sounds can be amplified to 86dB so that users can hear game in the field. This device is easy to maintain, its batteries are easy to change while hunting and the earplugs are color coded, so the user knows right from left.
This pair of earplugs has an inbuilt magnet that attracts the earplugs when not in use, so that the burden on your ears is reduces and you can store them conveniently. Its CVC6.0 noise cancelling technology comes with headphone that filters the background noise and offers high quality sound and clearer voice for calls. Bluetooth 4.1 technology helps dynamic sound, even if the user is 10 meters away from the device. It is lightweight, flexible and durable and works on a rechargeable battery that can go up to 13 hours of continuous use on just one charge. It’s stylish and versatile and can be worn round the neck. You can make calls hands-free, thanks to Bluetooth.
- Its quality and construction are excellent.
- It is sweat-proof and ideal for workouts.
- Its access controls are easy to use, apart from its control volume
- Its headphones are larger, as compared with regular wireless ear buds.
- It isn’t waterproof as it can only withstand small sweat droplets.
The market is full of competitive models of earplugs, so examine each one well for its features and prices before you buy.